For National Guard personnel, the selection process is now managed through the National Guard Bureau's Senior Leader Management Office (NGB-SLMO).
1. SLMO will build a list of eligible and available nominees for the Director of Army National Guard (DARNG) and the Director of Air National Guard (DANG) review.
2. DARNG/DANG will establish an Order of Merit List (OML) of primaries and alternates for the Executive Leadership Advisory Board (ELAB) review and the Chief of National Guard Bureau's (CNGB) approval.
3. NGB-SL staff will communicate to officers regarding their status (select or alternate).
SLMO did receive HSI's primary list; however, NGB must go off of the OML that the ELAB provided them. The ELAB now makes the selections, not the SLMO office. The ELAB consists of the CNGB, VCNGB, DARNG, and DANG. No deferrals are promised from year to year, although HSI did provide them with the roster from last year. SLMO may be able to place notes next to names for the ELAB to consider above others, but only if there is a VERY good reason why they should consider one over another, but there are no guarantees.
Civilians and other governmental agencies including federal, state, and senior local leaders can email HSI their resume with a short bio to be considered for the program.
The seminar tabs have the most recent updates. If you would like to be added to the HSI alert roster, please email us with the name of the seminar of interest.
Attendee's pay, travel, and allowances must be paid by the participant's organization. The course cost varies from year to year depending on the seminar.
The University program is currently under review, and we are not taking new applicants at this time.
1. Choose the specific university program that you are interested in from the university program page.
2. Submit your Letter of Intent to HSI (this is not binding).
3. Contact the university and apply.
4. Upon Acceptance, complete the HSI Program of Study (requirements vary by university).
5. Submit your completion certificates through email to the HSI mailbox.
6. Receive an official HSI Program of Study Completion Certificate and present it to the university to receive credit.
Click on the icons below, to be directed to other HSI social media platforms.
The University program is currently under review.
1. Email HSI by introducing yourself and your specific program that you would like to collaborate in.
2. Look over our Program of Study to see how many credits your university will be able to award and tailor our Program of Study to your specific university requirements.
3. Set up a meeting to further discuss.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 339-202-3513.