***PROGRAM UNDER REVIEW, not accepting new applicants at this time.***
Who: The University Program is open to any Soldier or Airmen who possesses a bachelors degree and is seeking to pursue a masters in homeland security or emergency management. The program is currently under development with the intent to expand offerings to undergraduate universities, as well as expanding both the undergraduate and graduate program to all 54 states and territories.
What: HSI works with accredited universities who combine their web-based masters degree requirements alongside HSI's Program of Study (POS), which is a predetermined set of online homeland security courses. The credit received from HSI's POS allows students to receive an accelerated and more affordable masters degree.
When & Where: Any time, it's online! Please visit participating universities on their website links by clicking the university icon above!
Why: The University Program's intent is to assist service members in furthering their education to strengthen the community of homeland security professionals within the National Guard.
How: HSI works with multiple universities to distinguish their POS. Each POS is unique by being tailored to the universities requirements.
1. Choose the specific university program that you are interested in from the university program page.
2. Submit your Letter of Intent to HSI (this is not binding).
3. Contact the university and apply.
4. Upon Acceptance, complete the HSI Program of Study (requirements vary by university).
5. Submit your completion certificates through email to the HSI mailbox.
6. Receive an official HSI Program of Study Completion Certificate and present it to the university to receive credit.
HSI Program of Study
1. Emergency Management Independent Study(IS)
||Introduction to Incident Command System
||ICS Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response
||Fundamentals of Emergency Management
||Intermediate Incident Command System
||Advanced ICS Command and General Staff
||NIMS, An Introduction
||NIMS Resource Management
||National Response Framework, An Introduction
2. Defense Support of Civil Authorities (DSCA)
3. HSI 3-5 day Resident Seminar